Why can I not attach a file or image in the Zendesk support tab comments in Jira Software?

Karen Shaheen March 2, 2022

We have our Zendesk ticket system integrated with Jira software. It seems like a great way to send issues to our Dev Team and communicate back and forth between Jira and Zendesk. However, we are unable to send an attachment or screenshot back to the Zendesk ticket by using the Zendesk Support tab comment area in Jira. Is this a bug, or just a feature that is not available yet?

We also are unable to mention or @ any users in the Zendesk support tab to make sure they are notified that they have a comment to review.

3 answers

1 vote
francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 2, 2022

Hello @Karen Shaheen 

(I'm product manager of Exalate)

As detailed in the ticket @Trudy Claspill mentioned - if you make the attachments public, your dev will be allowed to see these (without a zendesk account)

If you think this is not secure, have a look at Exalate which allows to transport the attachments

Check the documentation
https://docs.idalko.com/exalate/display/ED/How+to+sync+attachments+in+Zendesk

Francis

0 votes
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 11, 2022

@Karen Shaheen , hi. 

I am Diana from ZigiWave. Our tool, ZigiOps, supports attachments transfer. It's a flexible, no-code integration tool that connects the systems bi-directionally. It's also fully customizable so you can tailor it to fit your needs. 

Feel free to take a look at it or book a technical demo. If you have any questions, too, I'd gladly answer them.

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2022

Hello @Karen Shaheen 

Welcome to the community.

Are you working with Jira Cloud or Jira Server/Data Center?

Which app are you using to support the integration; the one supported by Zendesk or the one supported by Exalate?

If you are using the integration from Zendesk then the comment from 5 months agon on this post seems to indicate that is not an available feature. 

You should ask those questions of the vendor that provides the integration functionality.

Suggest an answer