Why are the columns broken on Greenhopper task board?

Axel Kratel December 4, 2011

The task board is broken. We have 7 colums, and the user stories spill out of their columns when using Chrome. THe same is true with the board designer in the admin tool.

I am unable to upload an attachement to show how the layout i broken. This is pretty basic functionality and should work. This is most definitely not a user error, because it's clear that the HTML is broken when looking at the browsr. There are columns, but the content spills out of the columns.

3 answers

2 votes
Axel Kratel December 15, 2011

The board is indeed broken. I raised the issue and was told it would not get fixed because the task board will eventually be discontinued in favor of the rapid board.

The issue is easy to reproduce on all browsers: create a task board with six or more columns, then when you shrink the browser window, at some point, the user story boxes will jump out of their containers.

So yes, you have plenty of cases where the layout is broken, in fact, one per browser type.

0 votes
diegor_ciandt May 22, 2012

I am facing the same issue!!!

Whenever I add more than 6 columns to the task board, the layout is broken!!!

Diego

0 votes
Martin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2011

The boards are tested in all supported browsers and we have no cases where the layout is broken.

Please raise an issue so we investigate your case.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS

Suggest an answer