Why are new users not showing up in the JIRA directory?

Kristina May 3, 2021

We are on prem. As an admin, I just invited two new users to JIRA. They got the email and changed their password etc. but they are not showing up in the JIRA directory. Therefore I can't assign them permissions to see some spaces in our linked Confluence application. Anyone know what I am missing? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2021

Hi Kristina,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

That's an odd issue you are encountering.

2 questions:

• What's your user directory setup? Do you use Jira's internal directory only or do you have other user directoties? A screenshot of the directory order would be helpful.
  • Where are you looking for the users? On the user search page? In that case make sure there is not search filter set on that page. In my experience previous search filters are sticky and they can cause confusion.
    Have you also looked in your databse for those users?
Kristina May 3, 2021

Hi Charlie, 

1. We use Jira's internal directory only. 

2. I had cleared all filters on the user search page already. I've also looked in the database and no luck. 

Thanks!

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2021

Hi Kristina,

I noticed you accepted my answer. Were you able to resolve your issue?

Kristina May 5, 2021

Hi Charlie, 

Your answer definitely helped but the issue basically just resolved itself in about 48 hours. One user showed up in the directory and the second showed up once I manually added them about 24 hours later. 

Thanks again for your help!

Like Charlie Misonne likes this
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 5, 2021

Glad to hear it was resolved!

Suggest an answer