Why are Story Icons different colors in Team (green) vs. Company (grey) managed projects?

Matt Monday December 7, 2021

It almost seems like a bug, the story icons in our Company Managed projects are grey with a circle - which I've never seen before.  In the past (and currently with Team Managed projects) the story icons are green with a white bookmark. 

1 answer

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2021

Hi @Matt Monday ,

Could you show a screenshot of the two differences? What I see here is consistent.

The system default Story is green Icons, but the system administrator can adjust the Issue Type Avatar in the system-settings.

Hey @Ollie Guan 

Here is a project that's set up as Company-Managed: 

Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 6.27.40 PM.png

And here's a project that's set up as Team-Managed:

Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 6.28.20 PM.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2021

My guess is someone changed your icons. Can you check here - admin > issues > issue types . Find Story and check icon.

@Jack Brickey thanks for that feedback.  We just set up our account yesterday, started with a Free plan.  We upgraded (trial) to Standard today, but it's only myself and one other admin, and that person did not adjust icons (nor did I)..  

But maybe? Regardless - I'm also having trouble finding the settings area you mentioned.  I'm at admin.atlassian.com, on the top nav I see the following:

"our organization" (clicking this takes me to "Overview" shows us the product we have set up, Jira, Standard)

Directory, Products, Security, Billing, Settings 

Clicking Settings does not show an option for issues. 

then the far right is an icon for myself / my profile settings.. 

Thank for your help on this! 

@Jack Brickey - I was looking in the wrong place (Account Settings) and just found this in Jira settings.  I changed the icon back/to the Green one I like :)  Thank you again!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 7, 2021

Well there is certainly the possibility that new instances are different. Do you see the COG/gear icon in upper right?

39426140-30A4-4557-B68E-98999FAF9F42.jpeg

Like # people like this

@Jack Brickey you're a legend.  Thank you for highlighting that - and taking the time to do so!  Finally found it thanks to you, I really appreciate it!  Thank you!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 7, 2021

Anytime! 

Like Scott Cochrane likes this

Suggest an answer