Why are Jira Boards missing when I try to configure my Dashboard gadgets?

Donovan Mosley August 19, 2022

Screen Shot 2022-08-19 at 4.16.26 PM.png

Hi, I'm curious why none of my Boards or Sprints display when trying to configure the "Sprint Health Gadget" or "Days Remaining in Sprint Gadget". I tried clicking the drop down and separately typing characters for my individual board name in the "Board" and "Sprint" drop down field, but neither worked. Thanks in advance for your help!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2022

Hello @Donovan Mosley 

Welcome to the community.

Which browser are you using? Have you checked other browsers? 

Have the gadgets ever display selection lists? Is this the first time you've tried to use these gadgets?

Donovan Mosley August 21, 2022

Thanks @Trudy Claspill 

I tried Chrome and Safari. 

These are the first gadgets where section list configurations are required.

I have previously build dashbaords and configured gadgets with another organziation, so I'm a little familiar with the process.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2022

Hello @Donovan Mosley 

Have you checked with other teammates who have the same permissions as you to see if they have the same issue?

Are you working with Boards for a Company Managed Project or a Team Managed project?

In your post you said "my Boards or Sprints". Are these boards that you created and for which you have Board Admin privileges? Do you have Project Admin permission for the underlying project(s)?

I'm asking to try to get a full picture of your environment, as I have not been able to recreate the problem so far.

Like Donovan Mosley likes this
Donovan Mosley August 23, 2022

@Trudy Claspill 

Thank you, these are great questions. While doing research I discovered a very important, but not so obvious fact that all my configured boards were Kanban Boards, not Scrum Boards. All of the gadgets I inquired about involved drop down lists for Sprints, which I didn't have at the time, but have since configured and so my lists are now populating. 

Thanks for the help!

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 23, 2022

I'm glad you were able to find and address the root cause!

Like Donovan Mosley likes this
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 21, 2022

This will happen if you don't have permission to see the boards (the drop-downs will only list ones you can see).  Can you quickly check that?

Donovan Mosley August 22, 2022

Thanks @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- I do have permission to see the boards.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events