Why am I unable to Migrate a Jira Cloud Project between two Jira Organizations?

Jacob Weishuhn September 23, 2022

Hello,

We have recently acquired another company who also uses Jira Cloud, and we would like to migrate their Jira Project into our Jira Cloud Instance so that we can have everything in the same spot within Jira. When I use the "Migrate Cloud Site" feature on their Jira Site I do not see my original organization when trying to select 'Destination Site". Could this be a permissions issue? I am an Admin on both Jira sites as well, do I need to be an Org Admin in both of them? If anyone has any insight or advice as to how I can accomplish this I would be extremely grateful! Thank you in advance for the help! JiraMigrationIssue.JPG

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2022

You need to be an Organization admin for both the Organization that contains the source Jira site and the destination Jira site.

As per the cloud-to-cloud migration document

https://support.atlassian.com/migration/docs/perform-a-cloud-to-cloud-migration-for-jira/

step 3 "Select your destination site" states that 

"To migrate to a site in a different organization, you need to be an organization admin for both the organization that your destination site belongs to and the source site."

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events