Why Time Spent Field doesn't update?

Sergio Moreno November 5, 2014

Hello.

I'm having problems with the Time Spent field, when I'm closing an issue and use the work log field to put the time I expended in it, it doesn't matter if I select one of the options below for the remaining estimate:

• Adjust automatically or
  • Set to 0

when I look for that issue in the issue navigator, the time spent field doesn't show the work log that I loaded before. The field will only update if I reopen the issue and then close it again.

Am I missing something here? I couldn't found something about this in other questions or tickets.

Thank you.

3 answers

0 votes
Sergio Moreno November 6, 2014

Hi @Marcus Silveira and Ollie this is the post function list in the transition:

1. Set issue status to the linked status of the destination workflow step. 
  2. Add a comment to an issue if one is entered during a transition. 
  3. Update change history for an issue and store the issue in the database. 
  4. Re-index an issue to keep indexes in sync with the database. 
  5. Fire a XXXX event that can be processed by the listeners. 

Is it ok? Thank you again

Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2014

The post-functions seem to be ok. We may need to dig deeper into this to find why it's not getting displayed correctly so it may be a good idea to try getting in touch with Atlassian Support (support.atlassian.com) so they can take a look at your instance.

Sergio Moreno November 25, 2014

Hi, I did what you suggest. And the person from Atlassian Support told me that this is related to this bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-40484 I see now that this affects the Workload Pie Chart Report since it uses the Time Spent Field too. Thank you again for your help. I hope this can be fixed soon.

0 votes
Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2014

Hi Sergio,

This feels like some indexing problem with the transition you are doing.

Are you using a custom workflow for this project?

Try checking the port-function associated to this transition and see if you have the reindexing function above the "Fire XXXXXX event"

Hope this helps

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2014

Whether the workflow configuration problems?

in post function "Re-index an issue to keep indexes in sync with the database." should be in the final,

Can try to adjust the order.

Suggest an answer