Why I can't see issues in the backlog?

Diego Febles August 12, 2012

Hi,

I created a Issue type Story and I can't see it in the backlog. All the filters are ok.

Is there anything that I have to specifiy in the issue itself?

Thanks!

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2012

Is the filter used in Rapidboard containing these issues? Can you see this issue if you open that filter in Issue Navigator?

It was the filter :)

My filter was set up to display issues from a specific project. I modified the filter to display issues from my other projects too.

I am able to see it now.

Thanks a lot!

0 votes
Sanjay Kumar August 24, 2020

This happens, if you Jira board status is not configured for "Open" Issue.

Although this do not appear in backlog, can be seen in Issue list. Now lets see, how do we configure this. 

Step 1: Click on backlog --> then click on 3 dots (...) board settings -->

Step 2: Click on column (You'll see "open" status  will be under "unmapped" with some issue count (number of created backlog issues).

Step 3: move that "Open" under "To Do". Done

Step 4: exit and go to backlog , now your created issues will appear underbacklog.

Do not forget to like this resolution. :)

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2012

When you say backlog, do you mean a RapidBoard, a normal JIRA filter or the Planning board or Taskboard?

0 votes

I mean RapidBoard.

I want to be able to see the issues in the Backlog, so I can add them to a Sprint.

I already have a Sprint with issues. However, my customer created a new issue and I am not able to see it in the backlog, although I can see it in the issues view.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer