Why 1 Admin/Member cannot clear close tickets, but other Admin can?

Maryann Fitzgerald August 17, 2022

I'm an Admin on a Jira Kanban board, my offshore team PM cannot clear the closed tickets off the board, though he is a designated Admin. Only I can clear them. Is there a way to fix this so he can also clear closed tix?
Thanks!

2 answers

2 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2022

Hi Maryann,

Just because you are an admin doesn't mean you have full access to do everything in Jira. You will need to see if there is a Condition on the transition in the workflow that moves the issue to Done (or to whatever it means to close it out). 

You might also need to check the Permission Scheme to see if something else is missing there. 

Maryann Fitzgerald August 17, 2022

Thanks John, I look at permissions. I don't think it's a condition in the workflow since I can clear the done issues.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2022

That's a different thing. Take a look for any Conditions on the transition to Done in the Workflow. 

Like Maryann Fitzgerald likes this
0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 17, 2022

Hi @Maryann Fitzgerald , when talking about Admin, do you mean Board Administrator?

Does the board filter have issues from more than 1 project?

Maryann Fitzgerald August 19, 2022

No but thanks for trying to help.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events