Who is interested in a Overall Project Completion report?

Ronny Katzenberger August 4, 2013

This might be one of the biggest downfalls of Greenhopper today and I know that many users already inquired of finally changing the CFD report to utilize story points instead of the issue count.

I'd like to share what I'm doing today to improve the project reporting on a bigger project.

The idea is simple - we have a backlog full of stories and hopefully estimated all the way and we have an average velocity.

Product Owner, Scrum Master and everybody else wants to know when we will the project/product will be complete (meaning the backlog has been completed).

You take the total story points (backlog) and calculate using the average velocity. You will complete all stories in X sprints.

Add a pesimistic and an optimistic projection, and you have some alternative schedules.

Now, put all that in a chart you'll look at something like the picture attached.
This is what I do from excel extracts today and I'm sure there's many of you doing something similar.

I raised a feature request with Atlassian. Please support the request if you'd like to see something like this in the future:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-9634

1 answer

0 votes
Ronny Katzenberger August 8, 2013

Sorry for typos and etc.... I posted this on a busy day. But I think everbody gets my point :)

Suggest an answer