Who developed Jira 1.0

AlishStrong April 14, 2019

Hello, 

my name is Alisher. I am a student from Finland. Together with other students we are making a report about your product - Jira. In the introduction part of the report we want to add some history about the product, and would like to know who was involved in the developed of Jira 1.0, when the software was first released in 2002. 

So far, we found on the Internet the following information only: Atlassian was established in 2001 by Mike Cannon-Brookes and Scott Farquhar, and in 2002 Jira 1.0 was released. However, we could not find info on how many people were in Atlassian by 2002, how many people actually developed Jira 1.0. Is it that Jira 1.0 was developed solely by Mike Cannon-Brookes and Scott Farquhar?

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2019

Hi @AlishStrong , I can't answer your question, but I found a little bit of information that might help on this page:  https://www.atlassian.com/company  Scroll to the bottom, under the header "A brief history".  There's a cool timeline feature to the right.  It sure sounds like Scott and Mike created it together and hired others later.

Good luck with your project!

Rachel Wright
Author, Jira Strategy Admin Workbook

Suggest an answer