While migrating a project "Comments" , "Attachments" and "Linked Issues" are not copied

prashantgera May 14, 2021

While migrating Project from one cloud instance to another through "External System Import" ==> CSV import. It doesn't import "Comments", "Linked Issues" and "Attachments".

Do we have any solution for this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2021

Did your exported data include the Comments and Linked Issues and Attachment information?

Did you map those to fields when going through the import steps?

prashantgera May 15, 2021

Yes, I did but later I realized that I am just importing.csv file where no media file is attached to it. Is there a way I can do it ?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2021

You cannot attach the Attachments to the CSV file to get them imported.

The URL provided in your CSV file for each attachment must be a URL that is publicly accessible in order for JIRA to access the attachment file and attach it to the new issue. Refer to

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/importing-attachments-into-jira-cloud-applications-using-csv-files-779160784.html

This document contains information and CSV import overall, including a section about importing attachments.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/import-data-from-a-csv-file/

In the section about Attachments, it also shows an example of formatting for importing a Comment. If you have multiple comments to import you put each one in a separate column/field and set the header for that column/field in your CSV to "Comment" for all of them.

Linked issues are similar. When you exported the data, each issue link should have placed an issue ID in a column. You may have multiple issues with the same link type, in which case each one is in its own column and the columns have the same header. You map that header just once to the corresponding issue type link during the Mapping step of the import process.

prashantgera May 30, 2021

I tried importing attachments with API tokens and it worked for me 

Like Vera likes this
0 votes
Capi [resolution]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 1, 2021

I haven't followed the product evolution lately, but one thing you can do is export all the tickets in the project as a CSV file with an app like DEISER's Exporter, then import them back again.

As far as I know, Exporter keeps all comments, attachments and even the transition history.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events