While bulk moving issues I get 500 error

Kazakov Artem June 1, 2021

I am moving in bulk issues from 1 project to the other.

1. Today when I moved the 1st project I encountered a weird behavior.

- I selected that the issue type will be changed from a task to a subtask

- there was a select, where I chose the parent on a new board

- after the move was completed all those issues were not on the new board

- I could find them in the Issues section, however none of them had a parent (which is weird, since all subtasks have to have a parent)

- I solved this problem by bulk editing those issues - adding a parent to them

2. After the 1st point, I started moving the second project the same way, which gave me an error of 500.

image.png

• Log reference: a38c8a89-5192-4bcd-bfd3-f154e09e9a23

on the url:

****/secure/views/bulkedit/BulkMigrateChooseContext.jspa

2 answers

0 votes
AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2023

Just to Add up, Please review the complete issue history along with its related subtask history and any linked issue history. There is likely to be an issue that has been compromised. For Instance, a subtask was once associated with an issue but later detached from its parent, Leaving the subtask orphaned and causing the problem. To get it resolved, I changed the subtask to task issue type and issue was resolved.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2021

Hi Kazakov,

500 errors are slippery things. I used to get them a lot when I didn't have contexts attached to all of my custom fields. I would start there first. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events