Where to put Platform information in issue

Christen Lorensen October 6, 2013

Where do you put the platform information in issues. As far as I can see there are tree options.

- fixVersion

- Components

- Custom field

We have three platforms phone, tablet and web. The product is different on each. But the phone and tablet app is the same file (UI changes run time)

Where do you keep the info?

What would you suggest to me?

2 answers

0 votes
Christen Lorensen October 6, 2013

So which one do you use? What would you recomend?

We don't use components as project modules, we leave that for epics. Components are backend, frontend asf. Things that end up between features (modules). I see it as a way to sort stuff across features, as i.ex. platform.

I thought Version was the version it needed to be finished with. Sort of a deadline and a group of tasks that comes out in a release.

0 votes
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2013

Fix Version/s is of Version Picker type. It generally indicates to your repository version.

Component/s is of multi-select type. It generally indicates to your project module.

There is also Labels field which is of Labels type. It generally indicates the type of issue.(e.g what we place here jira-agile related question in answers)

Custom Field could be based on the requirement, we choose the appropriate type. For your requirement, Select List is good if you choose only one platform at a time otherwise Multi Selct is good if you choose multi platforms.

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2013

But I'm not much familiar with Jira Agile.

Suggest an answer