Where should I install the proxy server's certificate?

Kyle Manel December 20, 2019

OK, so This issue arises from the website itself;
When I review custom dashboards, they now display with peculiar titles;

__MSG_gh.gadget.rapid.view.title__
__MSG_gadget.stats.title__
__MSG_gadget.filter.results.title__

I suspect this is related to inter-server communication, as the certificate for the server's proxy was never installed in the Jira server itself.

How can I resolve this issue?;

If there is a trust store that requires the proxy's certificate, where is it or how can I find it?
How can the certificate be installed in this location?
Are there any additional complexities with this process?

1 answer

0 votes
brbojorque
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2019

Hi @Kyle Manel ,

Add the public certificate into the truststore. 

Please see the solution here.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-add-CA-cert-to-Jira-s-trust-store/qaq-p/720158

Kyle Manel January 2, 2020

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for your comment.

The suggestion you provide would install the cert into the cacerts file;

The cert I am installing is not for a certificate authority, but for a server.  There must be a subsidiary certificate store for this, yes?

brbojorque
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2020

Hi @Kyle Manel ,

You just need to install the Public certificate of your server in the cacerts file.

It does not matter if it is from an authority or not.

Kyle Manel January 2, 2020

Functionally that is correct, but that is most certainly not best practices.

Kyle Manel January 5, 2020

When I attempt installation of the certificate an error is thrown;
openssl s_client -connect jira.mydomain.com:443 -servername jira.mydomain.com:443 < /dev/null | sed -ne '/-BEGIN CERTIFICATE-/,/-END CERTIFICATE-/p' > /tmp/public.crt
140683954233792:error:0200206F:system library:connect:Connection refused:../crypto/bio/b_sock2.c:110:
140683954233792:error:2008A067:BIO routines:BIO_connect:connect error:../crypto/bio/b_sock2.c:111:
connect:errno=111

brbojorque
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 5, 2020

Hi @Kyle Manel ,

Download the certificate in your local machine and manually add it to your cacert in the server.

It is either you don't have sudoer permission or your server is not accessible to the internet.

Kyle Manel January 5, 2020

Apologies, that is what I am trying to do;

s_client -connect "${SERVER_URL}":"${PORT}" | sed -ne '/-BEGIN CERTIFICATE-/,/-END CERTIFICATE-/p' > /tmp/public.crt && cd /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/bin

The above command, when working as expected, pulls the certificate provided from "${SERVER}":"${PORT}" into /tmp/public.crt

Those steps are also quoted from the link you provided, and which I have used in the past.

I have managed to acquire the cert with other steps though, and I will be importing it tomorrow.  I'm guessing there may have been a firewall issue, which is blocking the cert from being pulled from the proxy, and I will be verifying that when time allows, once I have this issue resolved.

Suggest an answer