Where is the place to mark build id on a release in Jira?

Inna S September 25, 2022

Hi, 

I see Releases are not a real objects in Jira Software and do not have a place to mark metadata on them,

So where do we record the build id of the release upon shipping?

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2022

Hi @Inna S 

Why don't you add the Build ID of the release behind the Release/Version (between parentheses)?

Is it in function of the release notes?

Inna S September 27, 2022

Hi @Dave Mathijs , 

do you mean we change the release name upon shipping?

Does not look good to me at all, more like a workaround and not the most elegant one.

It would also create all kinds of problems going forward, when the release naming convention would be broken and the connection to the source control will be problematic as well, as the link to documentation.

Thank you.

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2022

Hi @Inna S , I do agree with you that the proposed workaround is far from ideal.

Have you looked at third-party apps in the Marketplace which might be able to suit your needs?

Apologies for not being able to provide your with a proper solution/answer.

Inna S September 29, 2022

Hi @Dave Mathijs , I'm trying to avoid the marketplace apps because of the  questionable security and data handling policy re these apps.

They also add an extra cost and make the Jira solution utterly non-competitive in terms of the price.

We will use some, where it is absolutely necessary, like with the test management, that is completely absent from the Jira. 

For other things, I'm afraid we'll have to store the data externally.

Thank you for trying to help!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events