Where is the Forecast & management section for reports?

Christy Small May 27, 2022

I'm using a team project and i cannot see the Forecast & management reports?
Where are they?

Thanks
C

1 answer

1 vote
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2022

Hi @Christy Small 

Forecast & Management reports exists only on Company Managed Project. Since you are using a TMP you will not be able to see them

Melina Blonsky November 17, 2022

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ ,

I hope it's okay to ask a question in this same feed. I have a Company Managed Project but, when I go to the reports section, I cannot see the Forecast & Management reports (it doesn't appear in the options and i wasn't able to create from scratch:

Captura de Pantalla 2022-11-17 a la(s) 16.58.47.png

Could you please guide me on how to configure the available reports so that I can access them?

Thank you in advance.

Melina

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2022

@Melina Blonsky hi and welcome to the community,

What type of project you use? Software or work management?

Melina Blonsky November 21, 2022

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ Hi, Thank you very much for your reply!

Service management. You are refering to this, right? 

Captura de Pantalla 2022-11-21 a la(s) 12.12.08.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
November 21, 2022

@Melina Blonsky these kind of reports are available for Jira Software and company managed projects. They are not available from JSM projects 

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/features/reports

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ thank you for your answer.

So there's something I might not be understanding well, becuase the projects I have in JSM are tagged as company-based projects. Is this because there are compnay-based projects that live outside JSM, and those are the ones that have those reports? I'm sorry for my lack of knowledge. I'm trying to learn all the basics.

Going back to my initial inquiry, I was searching for those reports because I would like to export, from JSM projects, the time tracking info, stated in every issue. Is that possible?

Captura de Pantalla 2022-11-21 a la(s) 15.52.19.png

Thank you once again!

Community Leader
Community Leader
November 21, 2022

@Melina Blonsky 

You have 3 different Jira products:

1. Jira software
  2. Jira service management and
  3. Jira work management

Each of the above products have two types of projects:

1. Company managed
  2. Team managed

So in order to get the reports you want, you have to have Jira software and to create a company managed project. Now, you have jira service management and a project type of company manager project.

For time tracking you can create a filter of your project and add a gadget on a dashboard with the workload pie chart. Inside its configuration choose "time spent". It would be great if you could open a new question :)

Like Melina Blonsky likes this

Thank you very much for the explanation @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ !

Sure, I will open a new request for the future questions. I apologize for the mess.

Have a nice day!

Melina

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events