Where do I set up that the reporter is autoassigned to the issue the create

Simone Lechte December 9, 2020

For the life of me, I am unable to find the setting to set up the reporter of an issue is auto-assigned to the issue. Can anyone please help point me in the right direction?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2020

So do you want the assigned to always be the same as the reporter? If so and you are using Classic projects you could use a post function in the workflow for the create transition to copy the field value from reporter to the assignee. You could also consider automation. 

Simone Lechte December 9, 2020

Hi Jack, 
I am wanting to set the automatic assignee to the reporter. I.e. When I create a ticket for the first time I am wanting to set it so that it automatically assigns the issue to the reporter. I am unsure if this is only available in Next-gen as I am working in a classic project. I have essentially set up a board following the recommendation in this guide https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-discussions/Using-JIRA-for-Getting-Things-Done-GTD/td-p/584951 and just want to ensure users assign tasks to themselves so that they can set up a personal dashboard.

Thanks for your help :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events