Where did the project key creation go?

Matthew Williamson November 20, 2017

With the new JIRA layout, I can not specify a project key while creating the project.  After creating the project, i have to go into it's settings to modify the key that was auto generated. 

2 answers

0 votes

I am talking about the new JIRA layout. Your explanation covers the old layout and the way we were accustomed to doing it.  See the screen shot below, all we have is an option to name the project and to create with a shared configuration.

NewProject.JPG

Suhas P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2017

Sorry my bad.. I thought something is wrong with your screen. Haven't really worked new interface..

No worries, i am not sure if the new layout is finalized or how they are rolling it out, but we have had it for a month or so now.  I like it and the above mentioned issue is the only one we have had.  It isn't as if i can't modify the key at all, it just a few extra steps to get to it.

Matthew Williamson January 8, 2018

I am still having this issue

0 votes
Suhas P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2017

Hi,

When you create a project, there is project key field on the same screen where you specify the Project name. Usually this field auto-populates key based on the name given in the name field. You can edit it according to your choice.

Suggest an answer