Where did the project description go in the Summary?

Evonne Kyd June 3, 2022

Hello, our Summary just changed and wiped out the Project Descriptions. They're now only available to view if you're an Admin through Project Settings. We use these descriptions across the company.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2022

@Evonne Kyd Sounds like someone made a change to an issue screen associated with the screen scheme being used by your projects.  You should just be able to add the field back to the proper screen to see it again.  https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/manage-issue-screens/

If that is not the case please share some screenshots.

Evonne Kyd June 3, 2022

The issue screens are fine, it's the full overview Project Description that used to be found in the Project Summary. See below. It's now only accessible to edit in the Admin Project Settings backend but doesn't show anywhere else that I can find.

Screenshot 2022-06-03 at 3.50.56 PM.pngScreenshot 2022-06-03 at 3.51.25 PM.png

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2022

@Evonne Kyd The new summary page was released in May and it has never had the project description on it. I know Atlassian has been slowly rolling it out so maybe you just recently got the change. If this is something you would like Atlassian to add to the new summary page you would need to submit a feature request here: https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Evonne Kyd June 3, 2022

Dang, was hoping it would at least be elsewhere. Yes, I already submitted the feature request before. Thank you.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events