Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Where did all my Epics go?

Selecting Backlog on the left menu bar, up until today, I would see a list of issues and could select Epics on the left, and view all the Epics, with issues within each. Today however, I logged in and saw this; no epics! How can I see them again, is there a filter setting or something that I'm overlooking?

image_2021-06-26_132408.png

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Jun 26, 2021

Check the Epic Status (not issue status) to see if they are done

Ha, that would be easy! I manage this list very closely, they had tons of issues not done, but I am paranoid and just checked to be sure.  No, the epics are very much not done/

Did you inspect your board filter? My guess is something change there to exclude Epics.

I think so?  I'm uncertain because I did look at my filters and none would have (I think) removed epics from view. I even logged out and back in, to no avail.  On the chance I did not look at the right thing, what would you check? I've copied my image below, should it help you guide me to enlightenment. :) BTW, thank you for your help.

2021-06-26_15-20-42.png

Share your filter and also share your epics using the following JQL in a search…

project = xxx and type = epic

replace xxx with your project 

Thanks for that suggestion. I just did that and found only one epic has release "MVP", which happens to be the only epic being shown. How do I change the filter being used in Backlog view?

Well my question is do the other epics belong to the MVP project? If not are you sure you want them in the project? If so then you will need to explicitly include them in your board’s filter. To do so include the following…

….OR issue in (epic1, epic2, epic3…)

Sorry for the delay, thank your for your response. All epics do belong in the MVP. I had thought I could change the filter for the backlog view just by selecting Filter from the top menu, which did not work. So instead I went to the filter in use for the board and changed the JQL to "resolution = Unresolved order by priority DESC,updated DESC"

All is now well! THANK YOU for your continued attention and help. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

⏰ Day in the life of a Jira Admin!

Hello Community! We thoroughly enjoyed this just-for-fun conversation in the Jira Admin Group about what it's like to be a Jira Admin. For #JiraJuly, our talented designers created these graphics t...

699 views 2 20
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you