Where can I find information on installing JIRA and server / storage requirements?

James Huetteman September 13, 2017

We are looking to move our installation of JIRA and Confluence internally rather than on the cloud.  Where can I find information that I can share with our production office on server requirements, storage, etc?   What documents are there to help size the equipment you would use to install the software and add-ons?

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Suhas P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2017
Suhas P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2017

Some more useful information:

Read all the release notes. Release notes makes you aware of any major changes that you need to plan for.

List the plugins that you currently have. Most important is non atlassian developed plugins. If any of that has any prolems then that you might find in release notes.

Make a plan which will list every single step that you want to perform during the upgrade or new installation and the time for that action.

Do it in a test environment first and make notes for important observations amd make changes to the plan acordingly.

Make a checklist for issues, attachments, icons, avatars, all plugin functionalities, Jira properties, database collation, Lexo rank, healthcheck, custom attributes in important files like setenv.sh, server.xml, web.xml, jira-config.properties etc..

Suggest an answer