Where are the stock Workflow Schemes?

Matt Hixson January 4, 2022

Hi, I'm using Jira hosted by Atlassian and wanted to use one of the existing Workflow Schemes that I've used for years on other projects. This looked very similar to the example at the top of this page:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/working-with-workflows-938847362.html

Is there a way to import a workflow like that or do I have to build it myself in the workflow editor now? I no longer see any mention of "Workflow Scheme" in the Jira UI anywhere.

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2022

Hi Matt - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What type of project did you create? Team-managed? Company- managed? Jira Work Management? 

The last two still use workflow schemes, and they can be shared across projects.

Team-managed projects are self contained and you have to start from scratch with each project, including workflows. 

Matt Hixson January 4, 2022

Ah, that explains it. My Jira tells me "You're in a team-managed project."

Just curious why team-managed projects don't have workflow schemes.

Is there a way to change a project from team-managed to company-managed so that we don't lose our issues and can benefit from workflow schemes?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2022

Team-managed don't use those because they are self contained and do not share anything with another project - even other team-managed projects. So no need to make them shareable. 

You would have to create a new company-managed project and bulk move your existing issues into the new project. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 4, 2022

The workflows and schemes have actually been moved into code now, apart from the stock default one (the unchangeable Jira workflow that was the only workflow available in version 1!)  If you install a new empty Jira, you get one of each default scheme, and that's it.

When you start creating projects, the project templates have workflow and scheme definitions built into them and create the "standard" workflows and schemes for their project type each time you create a project.

You can import workflows from the marketplace (and upload them there, privately, if you want) - go to Admin -> Workflows and look towards the top right of the page for "import from marketplace"

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events