Where are the Assignee and Reporter fields in the new view?

Jill Pate July 10, 2019

After switching to the new view, the Assignee and Reporter fields are missing.

2 answers

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2019

Hello Jill,

The New Issue View of JIRA has a new way to configure the availability of the fields in the project screens. Basically, the fields can be configured under project settings > Issue Layout by Clicking to Edit Issue Layout in the relevant Issue Types:

Screen Shot 2019-07-11 at 17.40.03.png

Analyzing the menu above, make sure the assignee and reporter fields are not under hidden fields.

Let me know if this works.

0 votes
Michael Thompson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2019

Not sure what you mean by switching to the new view. Do you see a section named People on the right side of the screen? If so, is it collapsed or expanded. If it's collapsed it will have a "greater than" symbol next to it, like this:

> People

If you click on that symbol it will expand the people section and show you Assignee, Reporter, Watchers, etc.

TD February 22, 2024

I have a similar issue. In the queues view I can see the assignee value but when I click into a ticket the >People area is expanded but "Assignee" is not one of the fields showing. All I see is "Reporter", "Votes" and "Watchers" in my >People area on the right. 

TD February 28, 2024

Figured it out, went into a ticket selected Edit > Configure Fields (top right) > Where is my field (top right) selected Assignee and the form showed me that it was being hidden from Field Configuration.

Went to Field Configuration and selected "Show" and now it shows up on the >People right side column. 

Like Michael Thompson likes this

Suggest an answer