Where are changes to user properties stored in Jira database?

John Dorapalli October 21, 2020

I am updating email for a user account and the change is getting reverted. I am unable to find anything about this in the logs or in the database.

I want to know if there is change history table for cwd_user table or is there a way to track the changes made to user properties or cwd_user table?

Any other inputs to track this are appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Dorapalli February 4, 2021

This is related to cache corruption. 

The actual values in the database are correct but the value display on Jira interface are different.

I got it resolved following the commands provided by atlassian support below.

-----------

The following command is recommended to be executed on each server node locally to clean up the Jira cache:

curl -v -X DELETE -u JiraUser:JiraPassword -k https://JiraURL/rest/internal/1.0/cache/app 

where JiraUser:JiraPassword must be your Jira administrator credentials and JiraURL must be the server IP and port of each node. Do not use Jira base url, as it can randomly pick a node.

It is strongly suggested running the commands during non-working hours, since this can be very expensive and take some node down during the execution.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2020

There's no record of change in embedded crowd.

How are you changing the email?

Using Jira admin interface.

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 5.57.20 PM.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2020

Ok, can you get access to the logs?  See what happens in <jira home>/log/atlassian-jira.log when you click "update" on that screen

Nothing related to the change in the logs.

I Just see the cache replication queue entries getting added to the logs.

Do you have a search term you want me to look for?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 21, 2020

I'd want to look for "tuser", but if there are no errors in the log at that point, I wouldn't worry about it.

What type of user directory is it?  Internal?  External LDAP/Crowd/something?

We use Jira Internal Directory.

Yes, I do not see any errors in the logs during that time. Searching on username did not fetch any results either.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 21, 2020

OK, I'm stuck, I've only ever seen that either throw errors into the logs, or happen with external user directories.

I think this one probably needs to go to Atlassian support!

John Dorapalli October 22, 2020

Thank you @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- !

I will contact Atlassian support.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events