When will there be support for JQL in the Intellij plugin?

Eric Isakson April 4, 2014

I'm using IntelliJ 13.1.1 with Atlassian Connector for IntelliJ IDE version 3.0.13

The filter query builder is nice but I'm using JIRA Agile and the query builder doesn't express a bunch of things I want to filter by. What I want to do is use the web UI to define a filter and just switch to the advanced view in the Web UI, then copy the JQL expression and paste it in as a custom filter so I can get a list of tasks associated with my current sprint for the project. The query builder doesn't know anything about Sprints or any of my custom fileds.

I also want the view to respect my sort criteria. Currently it looks like it is always sorting by last update.

I tried the IntelliJ Tasks & Contexts feature which did allow me to paste in my JQL but it resorted the issues by last updated rather than honoring my ORDER BY clause.

I like all the other options I get by using the Atlassian Connector but both of these are missing features I want.

Any idea when JQL will be supported directly? Is the source for this plugin available in an open source repo where I could fork it and add features and contribute them back?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Janusz Gorycki April 6, 2014

Hi,

Source code of the connector is available at https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/connector-idea

Janusz

Eric Isakson April 6, 2014

Thank you Janusz. I'll take a look and see if I can add what I need.

Suggest an answer