When user opens a jira issue in a new tab the board appearing on the left is pre-selected, and wrong

Alan Tragarz October 4, 2021

A user reported this issue and I was able to recreate it. You open a jira project, select any board, then open any issue type. When the issue is open right mouse click on the issue ID and open in a new tab. 

The board that appears in the left tab is not the same board as you were previously in. Moreover, its the same board repeatedly and you have no way (tried new browser, clearing cache, etc.) to have that board not appear.

Is this the default behavior? How did that default board get set and why are users unable to control which one it should be. Its like Jira software is associating the board to a user id?

3 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2022

Hey @Alan Tragarz  - Is this still happening to you? 

0 votes
delmario
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2021

When you do the right click and open in a new tab, the board on the left that shows is the "default" board for that project.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2021

Hi Alan,

I am not sure I am following. I tested on my instance based on our post but not seeing an issue. Maybe you could illustrate with screenshots or video clip.

Suggest an answer