When is Greenhopper 6.1.4 released?

Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2013

Hi,

We have run into an annoying GH bug (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-7661) that is supposed to be fixed in GH 6.1.4.

Is there an indication when this will be released?

I would need to re-factor a great bunch of filters due to this bug and would be sooooo happy if the fix is coming soon!

Rgrds,

// Svante

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2013

Atlassian's official line is "when it's ready". You won't get a solid date out of them before they actually release it.

You can take a guess from the activity on Jira for it - if the version has a good swathe of issues flagged for it and they're nearly all resolved, you can work on "the next couple of weeks". If there's only a few issues, or it's all very red, then it's going to be a lot longer. You may want to skim their blogs and announcements too - you can often get a feel for an imminent release from them.

Finally, check their Jira and/or and OnDemand install - they relase there before it goes out to the world.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2013

ok, makes sense!

I looked at the Greenhopper @ jira.atlassian.com and it says (v6.1.4-OD1)

This could then be an indication that it may be in the pipeline for the rest of the world :-) right?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2013

Yup - I'd tell your users "probably two weeks", but I wouldn't be surprised if it's sooner.

The release said 106 issues dealt with, and 5 remaining. That's a good sign.

Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2013

Great, thnx!

I keep my eyes on the marketplace then!

btw: is this broadcasted somewhere? I have seen that sometimes new releases are tweeted! Is that always the case or is there another way to know when it is released? Mailing list, maybe?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 27, 2013

You know, I'm sure they tweet it, but I can't for the life of me remember where, as I don't lurk on Twitter much. I pick up most stuff from the UPM flags, Google+ or users kicking me because I've missed something (you know, things like sleep, family and friends take up far too much of my time :-) )

I've waved a few people at http://www.atlassian.com/feeds before. That seems to have lots of followable stuff!

Suggest an answer