When generating Greenhopper Reports - What is the defintion of 'completed' ?

Christoffer Karlsson February 21, 2013

Hi,

First off: This should maybe a be another question - But what exactly does the colours for the columns mean? The red, yeallow and green - Do they have any technical affects in the background of Greenhopper or what are they for?

With that question in mind, I have a question regarding how the reports works out depending on what column the issues are in.

We have a Scrum Board with a Simplified Workflow. In this case, the Inbox is mapped to the red column, the Done is the yellow column and the last column (Green) is called "Trash".
The Done column is defined so that resolution is set to 'Done' when moving issues there, and for the other columns, the resolution is cleared.

Now, when generating a report (Sprint Report), he thinks that the issues in the "Trash" column is completed, even though they dont have any resoutions. The report ingores the issues in the Done column totally, even though they are the ones actually having resolutions.

Is this a bug or should the reports work like this?

NOTE: I'm aware the board setup is messy, but this is just a single case I had to face recently. Normally, the "Done" column (where we also automatically sets the resolution) is to the most right of the board (Green column) and everything works great.

Greenhopper version 6.1.2

Best regards

Christoffer Karlsson

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2013

Hi,

JIRA and Greenhopper have different ways in treating an issue as completed.

JIRA - when the resolution is set to anything but Done. In this case the Issue-ID gets striked through.

GH - All issues in the rightmost column are treated as completed som when you close your sprint it will look in this column only. So you have to move your Trash column to the left (if it should be in the board). If you are using a Kanban board the Release function will package all issues in the rightmost column into a version in the same way

Hope this shed some light on the topic!

Rgrds,

// Svante

Christoffer Karlsson February 21, 2013

Hi Svante,

So, it turned out to be that simple huh! :)

Even if JIRA and GH have different ways of defining "Done/Complete", I guess it's still recommended to set the resolution in the right most column. This way, when the users are using both GH and JIRA, they can be sure their issues are kind of treated the same ways of what is "Done".

I could not find any official documentation on this topic, the true meaning of the colored columns, so I just had to ask once for all.

Thanks for clarifying!

BR

Christoffer

Suggest an answer