When creating a new issue the ticket goes into the 'To Do' queue instead of the 'Backlog'

Hector Tweed January 16, 2018

We have recently created some new Projects within JIRA and created a workflows to suit our needs. The only problem we are having is that when we create a new ticket and assign it to a project it goes straight into the active kanban board instead of the backlog. I know this is most likely around the workflow but cannot seem to fix this, please can you provide some assistance to expand this to all of our open projects?

Many thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2018

your backlog must not be based upon the "To Do" status. If you have To Do column on your kanban board? If so, and the "To Do" status I mapped to that column then that is why it shows there. Are you sure you have the backlog feature enabled? If you see the backlog view what status are the issues that appear there mapped to?

Hector Tweed January 16, 2018

Hi Jack,

Thank you for your quick response, the 'To do' status is on the to do column on the kanban.

Example:2018-01-16 15_16_59-ePack - Agile Board - JIRA.png

Does this setup look correct to you?

thanks,

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2018

So the issue here as I stated is that you have To Do column on your Kanban board. That is why it shows there. The question is what do you want it to do. What does your workflow look like? Is To Do the first status when created? Do you have backlog feature enabled on your project, i.e. do you see "Backlog" in the side bar as below? As you will see in my example To Do does not exist on my board because I associated it to my backlog.

Another thing I noticed in your image is that you have several unmapped statuses. Unsure if that is desired or not.

NPD_-_Agile_Board_-_JIRA.png

Suggest an answer