When clicking on + button of an MCR to add a story Jira should set the project to the project of MCR

Rohit Dubey July 22, 2021

When clicking on the + button of an MCR to add a story Jira should set the project to the project of the MCR not the last project used since all stories must be in the same project as the MCR.

Is it possible ?? If Yes then please guide me here.

Thanks in Advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2021

You have not explained what "MCR" means, so I can't be sure.

But, yes, the "create issue" process will default to the last project you created in, or the context of the current project when there is one.  You can change it as you go into create though.

Rohit Dubey July 26, 2021

Hi Nic -Thanks for the reply.

I mean From MCR - Epic when we add a story, Jira should set the project to the project of the MCR - Epic not the last project used since all stories must be in the same project as the MCR.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2021

Still not a clue what MCR is (Manchester Airport and Middle Common Room probably don't make a lot of sense here), but that's not what Epics are supposed to do, they're cross project entities, not a way to gather things into projects. Jira encourages people to put issues in the right project by staying within the current one, or getting people to explicitly choose.  It's rare that you should care where the Epic for a story is.

Rohit Dubey July 27, 2021

Hi Nic - PFA. 

MCR Epic is nothing but it's a Epic.

From Epic when we add a story, Jira should set the project to the project of the MCR - Epic not the last project used since all stories must be in the same project as the MCR.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 27, 2021

Ok, so MCR is not important to the question.

As I said before, Jira is behaving as intended.  Most people want to create issues in the last project they were working with (the "current project"), not have it decided for them based on the last Epic they connected with.

Rohit Dubey July 27, 2021

ok. Thanks Nic :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events