When can we expect to see GH 6 live?

saraponga October 10, 2011

I understand that there can be no promises or guarantees, but is there a rough estimate/guess on when Greenhopper 6 would be released (year, quarter)?

I am very interested in some features which are supposed to be included with this release. I am evaluating using GH for a project, but we are really in need of these features, thereby my question.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nicholas Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2011

Thanks for your interest in GreenHopper and the scrum support, it is great to see that we will have some eager adopters!

While we do not provide dates for future releases you can find more information on our plans in The Future of GreenHopper document. In regards to GHS-945, this is certainly one issue we will be resolving and more information will be forthcoming when we begin our early access previews.

Thanks for your time, have a super day.

Regards,
Nicholas Muldoon

0 votes
Martin Flower November 9, 2011

Yes, also our adoption is on hold pending a clearer view of when GHS-945 will be resolved. Is there a release schedule for GreenHopper ? What happens after 5.8 ? - 5.9 ... 10, 11, 12 ... ? Is GHS in development, in test, ... ?

0 votes
Nicholas Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2011

Hi,

Which particular features are you looking for?

If it is multiple project support, for example, then you can get started today with GreenHopper 5.8.

Thanks,
Nicholas Muldoon

saraponga October 11, 2011

That would be https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-945, separation of sprints and versions.

I'm investigating to use GH for a large product, having several scrum-projects "within a version" of the product.

Suggest an answer