When I try to end my sprint - This issue cannot be edited because of its workflow status.

cmanikandan November 27, 2020

When i End my sprint and try to move the unfinished tickets to the New Sprint I get "This issue cannot be edited because of its workflow status."

1 answer

0 votes
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2020

Hi @cmanikandan 

Where there any changes to your workflow? From the error, it sounds like Jira wants to change the issue’s status but cannot perform the transition because the current status has no link to the status Jira wants to move the issue to.

This is just my suspicion as to the cause and I cannot explain why Jira would want to transition such an issue (maybe because it is moving it back to your backlog).

cmanikandan November 27, 2020

There was not any changes made to the workflow @Ismael Jimoh  . Do not know why this error occurs. 

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2020

Hi @cmanikandan ,

I tested this on a default workflow and had no problem moving an issue that was not completed to the next sprint.

Do you have either the fix version, resolution field or a transition condition on your workflow that prevents moving from the specified status without meeting the said condition?

I am honestly lost for words as to why you have the problem in question.

Cornelius Parkin July 6, 2022

I have exactly the same problem with no solution. I close the sprint, selecting tickets to move to the next sprint then get this error and all tickets are moved to the backlog.

I compared the columns in a board that does not have the issue vs a board that has and they are similar. 

There is no indication on which tickets numbers cannot be moved to try and investigate and find a pattern to see why this could be the case.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events