When I move any task to 'Done' within a sprint, the task is removed from the sprint.

Ömer DUGAL March 6, 2024

Hello, I created two different boards for the project. One of them is the backlog board I created to track two-week sprints, and the other is the Kanban board. When I move any task to 'Done' within a sprint, the task is removed from the sprint. I can see the relevant task when I enter the Kanban board, but I cannot see it within the sprint. How can I find it?

2 answers

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2024

Hi @Ömer DUGAL -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

There is no built-in behavior to automatically remove issues from a sprint when they are completed.  There are features to hide them when enough time has passed (e.g., 2 weeks for a team-managed project board).

I suggest reviewing one of the issues, checking the issue history, to determine what removed the issue from the sprint.  It may be an automation rule or other automated process.

Kind regards,
Bill

Ömer DUGAL March 19, 2024

Hi,

Thanks a lot

Regards,

0 votes
Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2024

Welcome to the community @Ömer DUGAL 

When the issue is moved to done, it gets automatically removed from the sprint and the backlog in Scrum.

One way to find the done issue is by using JQL:

project = <name of your project> and statusCategory = Done (if you only have Done status from your workflow you can only use status = Done instead of statusCategory, this was mentioned if you have the statuses that are within the Done status category)

Ömer DUGAL March 19, 2024

Hi,

Thanks a lot

Regards,

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events