When I click on my Epic, I want to see the entire tree. It only goes down one level.

david.hostetter@oracle.com February 16, 2018

Example: I have an Epic with 5 stories and each story has 5 sub-tasks. When I click on that Epic currently, I see the Epic and the 5 stories...that is it. So, when I have my team meeting I have to click on each story to see the sub-tasks. I want to see the entire tree. It will make my meetings go much faster. Why does Jira only go one level? Or is this a config option?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2018

Hi David,

I wonder if the picture through the link is what you would like to see. What do you think, does it serve your needs?

Regards,
Egor Tasa

ALM Works

david.hostetter@oracle.com February 22, 2018

Yes!!!!  That picture is exactly what I want.

Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2018

Then you might want to consider using Structure app. If you need a walk-through/demo, just let us know at support@almworks.com.

Regards,
Egor Tasa

ALM Works

Yes...I want the walk-through/demo on how to do this.

Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2018

Let me arrange that.

Much appreciated. Thank you.

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2018

Hi David,

Please take a look at JSWSERVER-9455 - Ability to create a hierarchy of Epics instead of a single level that's in a state of Gathering interest.  Please vote on this issue and add your comments to the use case to add impact.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer