When I am creating a Jira item, the tab text no longer indicates CREATE?

Mike Long January 10, 2022

This change occurred recently (around or shortly before Jan 10, 2022 ), as I commonly create Jira items, and if I am interrupted, I can always find which browser tab has the in-progress item in Creation.   

Now it displays whatever Jira item (ie. SET-1234) I was on when I clicked the CREATE button.   Is there an option to make it behave like it used to, during the WIP Creation?

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2022

Hello @_Mike Long

Thank you for reaching out to the Atlassian Community!

Testing on my local site, I wasn’t able to replicate the same issue or maybe I’m misunderstanding the issue.

I understand that the browser tab should show the “Create issue” information, please correct me if I’m wrong.

If that’s the case, on both Firefox and Chrome the tab shows this information:

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 15.26.51.png

What browser are you using?

Can you test using another one or incognito mode? Maybe there are browser extensions that are interfering with this feature.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Mike Long January 12, 2022

Not sure why it is different for me?   As I said, this only started occuring recently for me.

I am using Chrome Version 96.0.4664.93 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 11.53.27 AM.png

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2022

Thank you for sharing the screenshot, Mike.

You are using the new create issue experience and I didn’t have it enabled on my instance, so I enabled and I was able to replicate the same issue and created a bug for our dev team to check:

Please, click on This affects my team and also Start watching this issue to receive updates about the fix.

For now, the workaround is to disable this new create screen on your personal settings.

Go to Profile picture > Personal settings > Jira Labs and on Preference select Switch to the old experience and save.

Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 10.17.50.png

Mike Long January 14, 2022

Thanks!

I had noticed that the "Description" field now behaves the same as the Comment fields, which is really nice. 

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events