What would be the best solution to complete the following tasks

Javanshir Mustafayev _ HIT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2021

I have several reporting tasks to complete and wish to find a solution that will take minimum effort to implement, very user-friendly and it would be very nice to have built-in solutions to choose from:

-Overdue tasks for all projects (this was done via Jira Cloud JQL)

-Issues where the due date was changed and by which user

-Issues where the status was changed from review to done by the assignee

-Percentage of complete tasks per user versus not complete tasks for all projects separately (number of such issues was acquired by bidirectional statistics and two jql filters but percentage isn't available)

-Automate the color scheme for due issues to attract more attention on the Kanban board

-Issues that were deleted and by whom (This is restricted to project admins only but I wish to have such data analysed and reported in case it's possible)

-Issues that don't have due date after they are created (this can be remediated by making the due date field mandatory on issue creation but it would be nice to track unless the mandatory field isn't implemented)

-Any useful KPI's for business templates would be great. The bigger the list - the better.

Please, provide pros & cons for the solution you are suggesting (if any, I hope there will be options to choose from).

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2021

For your second and third items trying to filter for changes on particular fields you can use JQL to filter for issues where the value was changed. Use the Changed operator.

For a description of how to use that operator see

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/advanced-search-reference-jql-operators/#Advancedsearchingoperatorsreference-CHANGEDCHANGED

To check which fields it can be used with, see

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/advanced-search-reference-jql-fields/

---

For your fifth item concerning changing card colors for due items, are you working with a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project? For a Company Managed project you can change card colors based on a JQL statement. Refer to:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/customize-cards/#Customizingcards-coloursConfiguringcardcolors

For your sixth item, reporting on deleted issues, you cannot get a report on that after the fact from the UI. Once the issue is deleted it is completed and irrevocably gone. You could instead set up an Automation rule that could send an email notification or take some other action each time an issue was deleted.

Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 4.01.36 PM.png

---

For your seventh item, are you only interested in issues where the Due field was not filled in during creation? Do you not care if the value remains empty, or is deleted later? If you are interested only in issues that have no due date entered during creation, again I think you could use an Automation rule triggered on Issue Created, and take an action like sending an email. If you want to report on all issues where the Due field is empty, you can simply use a JQL filter:

duedate is empty order by created DESC

These are all features that are available natively in JIRA Cloud.

Javanshir Mustafayev _ HIT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2021

Hi @Trudy Claspill Thanks for replying, just got my hands on this again :)

for second and third the JQL makes me to specify the user to see who did the change of due date and to see if the issue transitioned to 'done' by assignee. I would restrict the transition to 'done' to assignee excluding the project owner or a group of managers, to assure that only managers can do this transition. For the duedate change it would be the same solution I guess, because I can't mask the user in the JQL to have a list of users did the change to the field.

The rest suggestions are good, thanks

For seventh item: I'm going to make the due field mandatory for the projects I'm building KPI's for. And most likely restrict the change to this field to managers and project owner only.

Is there a tool to count the percentage of completed and due issues per user and per project? I can't find the percentage in the built-in functionality of Jira.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2021

@Javanshir Mustafayev _ HIT 

Concerning your last question:

Is there a tool to count the percentage of completed and due issues per user and per project? I can't find the percentage in the built-in functionality of Jira.

You might want to look at the Issue Statistics gadget for the Jira dashboard to see if you can find a way to create a filter and gadget configuration to get what you want. I did not try to work out the details of your use case with this gadget, but it does appear to include percentages in the statistics it displays.Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 3.19.40 PM.png

Regarding the comment you made about your third item:

I would restrict the transition to 'done' to assignee excluding the project owner or a group of managers, to assure that only managers can do this transition

You can set that up in the workflow transition so that in the future you do not need to run a report to find out if the transition was made by somebody who was not supposed to do it.

I'm not aware of any built in reporting capability that would allow you to get information about who changed fields (regarding your concern about the reporting for the second and third items). You could, potential, use the Automation feature to get a real-time report on those changes, as they happen.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events