What settings should I make to be allowed to move all cards between all columns?

Dani Araujo November 16, 2020

In some projects it was not me who opened the sprint or created the card and for that reason I placed myself as an administrator in these projects. But even putting myself as an administrator, sometimes I can't move the cards between the columns.

What settings do I need to look at in order to be allowed to move them all the time?

2 answers

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2020

Hello @Dani Araujo 

Welcome to the community.

Are you working with a Classic project or a Next-Gen project?

For a Classic project, as an Administrator of an individual project you will be able to view the Permission Scheme assigned to the project and look at the Manage Sprints permission and see what groups/roles have been granted the permission, but you won't be able to modify the Permission Scheme. If the scheme needs to be updated, a JIRA Administrator will have to do that.

Can you tell us Users/Groups/Project Roles are assigned to the Manage Sprints permission in the scheme assigned to your project? Can you provide a screen image of the screen you're on when you try to edit the permissions?

Also, managing sprints and moving cards between columns is two different permissions in Classic projects. Each problem may have a different solution.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2020

Hi Danielly - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Make sure that you have Manage Sprint permissions in the permission scheme for all of the projects that you are using. 

Dani Araujo November 16, 2020

Hi, John!

When I'm going to make this edit, under permissions> manage permissions and add me to manage sprint, he asks me to select an item that I can manage. He does not let me manage a project, asks to select exactly which card I will have this permission.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2020

Is this a Next-gen project?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events