What's the purpose of the Peoples Tab?

Alexandra Khan June 14, 2022

What's the purpose of the Peoples Tab? How do you use it?

I see that you can create 'Teams' here -- can you assign tickets to the teams that are created? How does the Team Activity section get populated?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Ortiz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2022

There is literally no value with respect to Jira.  In the future it might have some value, but currently, it just causes more confusion than anything else.  I typically recommend everyone ignore this functionality until it actually does something.  

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2022

Hi @Alexandra Khan,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

The People is sort of a new feature, and it is used to make it easy to communicate and collaborate across tools. You can find out more about it here and it looks like it will play a role in the new organization chart that is coming to Atlas.

You cannot assign tickets to a team, but you can @ mention them in comments. 

Elli Probasco January 18, 2023

Hi. Question regarding the @ mention in comments. We have a group of people in a team set up so that others can just @ mention that team in comments and it has worked pretty well for a period of time. However, now some people aren't finding us when they use the @ team name and some can still see it. I'm not sure how to fix this, since I can @ mention the group name just fine.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events