• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

What's the best way to add team meetings as tasks?

Hi,

my team have a lot of meetings during one sprint, and as I didn't find a way to assign more than one member per task, what is the best way to share the "meeting task" between my team, so everyone would have their meeting hours counted?

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Community Leader Aug 17, 2018

@David Gorender, welcome to the Community. This really becomes a personal preference situation. When I first started using Jira I played w/ capturing meeting time as tasks because the team wasn't accounting for the time when planning sprint. In the end we found this unnecessarily burdensome and opted for simply accounting for the estimate meeting time in our planning. Specifically, if we had recurring meetings that totaled say 8 hrs per week for an individual then they would simply reduce their 'weekly available hours to work issues' accordingly. If I work 40hrs then I would have 32 available.

In the end sprints are focused on velocity or the amount of work the team can get done. If you consider meetings work and want to track then you could add a sub-task to the task/story associated w/ the meeting or simply one task for all meetings and have the assignee chip away at it. Each member attending a meeting would need to have their own task or sub-task.

Sorry for the late reply, just wanted to say that this info helped us a lot! Thanks!

@Jack

According to you if I have 5 team members in the my team, Do I will be creating "Team Meeting" task for all the 5 members and what will be the duration of those task. Seems like a lengthy process. 

Jack Community Leader May 09, 2019

@Rajni_Singla , again this really depends on how you want to do things. IMO, trying to track every detail of what a  team does during a sprint is unnecessary. I prefer to simply assess a ‘tax’ on development. For example I assume any team member will develop 80% of the available hours. In a 40h week they will develop for 32h. In practice, I would often define the number of available hours on an individual basis for each sprint based upon known upcoming activities then when planning the sprint ensure I stay within the available time.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

281 views 2 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you