What is the use of Associating a team to an issue source in Advanced Roadmaps

Neha Singhal June 14, 2022

- There is an option to add issue source to a Team within a JIRA plan

I am wondering where this "association of issues with Team" is used in Advanced Roadmaps? to my knowledge, the issues appear on the JIRA roadmap based on the issue sources configured on JIRA plan (irrespective of Teams created). 

1 answer

0 votes
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2022

Hello @Neha Singhal ! Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

By far the biggest use case of associating plans/issues to Teams in Advanced Roadmaps is the Capacity Planning view of a plan.  This allows you to see if the number of issues is within the team's capacity.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your response @Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_

But before we can jump on to Capacity planning, we need to assign "Team" to all the issues in JIRA plan- even if the project board is associated with Team.

this is the screen image.png

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2022

Actually, you don't need to do the association when creating the team.

From the screenshot, the only thing you need to define is the team name.

You can always update the team by doing a bulk change of issues to set the Team field in the plan.

Yeah - thats what I am doing now - thanks. 

Rafael_Silva February 12, 2024

Hi. So no answer to this question yet, correct? You can assign the team to any board, for example, and literally nothing happens or changes. Is this on purpose? I believe it should somehow automatically get every issue from that board and auto-assign to the respective team. That would make sense.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events