What is the size limit for attaching a spreadsheet to an Issue ?

Matthew Doughty November 16, 2020

Hi

users are trying to attached a 7+MB spreadsheet to an Issue within our Cloud based Jira instance, but it fails to complete the attaching process ?

Here are our Jira system settings, so that spreadsheet should attach as far as I understand.

Jira attachment system setting.jpg

Any suggestions on what else to check & why ?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
tokcum
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2020

Dear Matthew,

do you get an error message from the application or from the browser when uploading the file?

Could you provide a screenshot, please?

Kind regards,

Tobias

Matthew Doughty November 17, 2020

Hi Tobias,

thanks for your response.

Investigating further, I can attach the file to the Issue but my users cannot - one is based in the USA and one in the UK.  And I'm an admin and they are not.  Once I've attached the file, my users can then see what I've attached & download it.

So I'm confused at the moment and looking for suggestions as to what next..

In the meantime I will talk to my users further and establish what the behaviours / messages were, whilst they tried attaching ?

Thanks,

matt

Matthew Doughty November 17, 2020

Hi again Tobias,

the user confirmed they received a "Failed to load" message and an instruction to Retry.  Fairly standard by the looks of the the image I was sent.

Thanks again,

matt

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2020

I remembered a similar thread here in Community and was on the lookout for it - found here. Probably this does not apply to your case but in case you want to double check it will not be of any disadvantage, I guess.

In another case some days ago it went okay if the user repeated the upload. Can you confirm in your case it is failing also for the second try?

From just reading your description I am asking myself if it could have something to do with the broadband connections of your users - specifically: if there is a timeout or the upload were interrupted by connection issues. This, although, is very hard to say from the outside. Furthermore, it is just a guesswork and this would have to apply for both the US and the UK site - but you never know.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events