What is the replacement rest api to get all fields using createmeta?

Manohar Jha December 18, 2022

Currently by using Jira 9.5 on-premise i am able to get response of createmeta for each issuetype using endpoint /rest/api/2/issue/createmeta/{projectId}/issuetypes/{issuetypeId} replacement for /rest/api/2/issue/createmeta?projectIds={projectId}&issuetypeIds={issuetypeId}&expand=projects.issuetypes.fields. 

But what is the replacement rest api endpoint for previously using endpoint /rest/api/2/issue/createmeta?projectIds={projectId}&expand=projects.issuetypes.fields to get all fields of that project in the new Jira versions after Jira 9.0?

1 answer

0 votes
David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2022

Hello @Manohar Jha 

Your question is confusing.

1. Jira Server v9.5 came after v9.0 anyhow, so what do you mean by "versions after 9.0"? After 9.0 came 9.1, then 9.2, then 9.3, then 9.4, then 9.5
  2. The Get create issue meta fields endpoint exists in all the v9.x releases and is identical in function.
Manohar Jha December 19, 2022

No,  I mentioned in first line that I am currently using Jira server version 9.5 and getting metadata fields using updated endpoint /rest/api/2/issue/createmeta/{projectId}/issuetypes/{issuetypeId}.

But I need metadata fields information of all issue types for version 9.5 which I was able to get previously using endpoint /rest/api/2/issue/createmeta?projectIds={projectId}&expand=projects.issuetypes.fields

David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2022

You use the word 'previously' but you don't quantify it. What exactly do you mean by 'previously':

1. The functionality was previously available in Jira versions 9.0 to v9.4 but has been omitted or removed in Jira version 9.5
  2. The functionality was available in a Jira 9.5 instance you previously had access to, but it is somehow missing or non-functional in the Jira 9..5 instance you currently have access to.

Again, as far as I'm aware, there has been no reduction in functionality in the REST API of Jira Server version 9.5 compared to any previous versions back to v9.0, so there is nothing that can or needs to be 'replaced', as you call it.

I don't think I can help any further. Good luck with the problem.

Michael Richardson June 11, 2023

I believe that he is referring to *this* reduction in functionality:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracore/createmeta-rest-endpoint-to-be-removed-975040986.html

The createmeta? endpoint's functionality was removed between 8.4 and 9.0, per the announcement. I'd call that a reduction.

Perhaps someone else can shed some light on replacement functionality instead of giving lessons in counting or other such pedantry.

Like # people like this
Cesar Hernandez August 3, 2023

I have a similar question isn't there an endpoint that works for both? cloud and server instances ? because /rest/api/2/issue/createmeta/{projectId}/issuetypes/{issuetypeId} does not work in cloud versions also the REST Fields API does not support query by issueTypeId so I feel this is not consistent across all Jira documentation

Vincent Guesdon February 27, 2024

hi,

I have similar concerns, how can we continue to get the same information that createmeta use to provide

how would you do this with latest rest api ?

"jira/rest/api/2/issue/createmeta?projectKeys={project_key}&issuetypeNames={issue_type}&expand=projects.issuetypes.fields"

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events