What is the field "Commitment" in the report "Velocity Chart".

Juergen Deppe January 10, 2018

There is a report "Velocity Chart". This report displays "Commitment" and "Completed". Which field is "Commitment"? Or is it a function? I want to extract the field.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tyler Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2018

Hey Juergen,

Commitment refers to how much work was in the Sprint when it was started (or added throughout).  It takes the Total of the "Original Estimate" field and totals them together.

To extract the information you should be able to select a specific Sprint, and then under the "..." menu on the subsequent screen you can view the Sprint in the Issue Navigator.

Hope this helps,

Tyler

0 votes
Answer accepted
Juergen Deppe January 12, 2018

Hi Tyler,

thank you for your answer. The explanations help. With the extract I have some issues. I can select a past sprint only in the issue navigator. But there I have no menu "...".

Tyler Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2018

Hey Jurgen,

If you navigate to the Sprint Report under the "How to read this chart" header on the right side is there a drop down menu?

Tyler

Juergen Deppe January 12, 2018

ok - in the Velocity Chart I can select a sprint and get the sprint report. In the column of the story points I see a comment when something was added later. There I can select to the issue navigator. There I see the creation date of the stories. But I do not see the start date of the sprint.

Tyler Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 12, 2018

The Sprint report should also have a date range at the top letting you know when it was started and when it was closed.

Suggest an answer