Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

What is the field name to customise cars in jira for 0 out of 6 etc?

Hello,

I want to add this feature to a card, but to customise my card i need the field name, here is what it looks like below, it is something that can be added to issues with multiple subtasks. . Does anyone know the name of the feature?

0/6

2 answers

1 vote
Trudy Claspill Community Leader Dec 14, 2022

Hello @taslima_uddin 

Welcome to the community.

Can you provide a screen image and point out the field this post concerns?

Trudy Claspill Community Leader Dec 15, 2022

Can you provide a full screen image, please? I am not getting any context for what this field means or in what type of issue it is used.

Black out confidential information

Apologies for the image choice, but the feature circled in the one I want to add to a different board/card

jira.JPG

That looks like the display of "sub tasks in this issue and how many are resolved", but without seeing the rest of the screen for the context, I really can't be sure it is that.

If it is though, then it's not a field, it's an automatic display which will appear when you add a sub-task to an issue.

Trudy Claspill Community Leader Dec 16, 2022

I concur with @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Looking in my own system that screen images matches what I see for a Business/Work Management project board for a Task that has 6 Sub-tasks where none of the Sub-tasks are complete. That appears automatically in such projects.

Are you trying to add that to the Card Layout for a different type of project, like a Software project? That feature is not available for other types of projects. You could make a custom field and use an Automation Rule to figure out the values and populate the field, for issues in a Software project.

That makes sense thank you, as I am using a software project, i thought i did tag the question with software project, is there any documentation to support with creating this particular automation rule?

And thank you both you have been extremely helpful and informative.

Trudy Claspill Community Leader Dec 16, 2022

You did tag your post as Software, but we always like to double check. :-)

There is quite a bit of documentation for creating Automation rules though not a document that specifically matches the rule you want to create. Here is the home page for the documentation.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/automate-your-jira-cloud-processes-and-workflows/

You can also find lots of posts about specific scenarios, like how to get the count of subtasks. Try internet searches for "jira cloud automation" with other terms like "count subtasks".

If you get stuck, start another question that explains what you want to do with your rule, post the details of the rule that you have built so far, and explain where you are stuck or the problem you are encountering.

We're here to help. Good luck!

Brilliant, big thank you to you, Trudy and Nic, hopefully, I can figure it out!

i'm not sure if it's due to the type of project template i have, but its not on the cards by default on one template im using, would there be a field name to be able to add it?

There is a huge range of field names to customise the cards I just don't know which one to select

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events