What is the best way to track inventory with Jira?

Marin Palmer March 25, 2021

We need a way to track parts inventory that integrates with Jira issues.

Our set-up is for a ski resort - each ski lift is a Project, and within each project are Epics and Issues which correspond to scheduled and unscheduled maintenance at these lifts. We want to be able to track parts inventory so that when a job is completed, the parts are then taken out of inventory. We'd like to put in the cost of the part as well to assist with cost tracking and planning. The fields we currently use for each partare: Manufacturer, Part number, Description, Category, Lift used, Ideal Stock Qty, On Hand Qty

Does something like this exist? Everything in this realm that I've been able to come up with is more of an asset management app than actual parts inventory.

3 answers

0 votes
Adam Procházka October 19, 2021

Hi @Marin Palmer

I have currently a similar inquiry. Have you found any working solution? How did you manage to handle the situation?

If you could provide any help or insight, I would be grateful. Thanks

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2021

Hi Marin,

You might take a look at Insights add-on to see if it meets your needs as Atlassian recently acquired the product through Mindville. 

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2021

@Marin Palmer 

Jira has some asset apps that you could maybe make work for what you are trying to do.  You could also make an issue type and custom fields to get your assets into the system.  Take a look at what is out there here:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=cloud&product=jira&query=asset

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events