What is the best way to reflect a 3 way approval condition

Gilad Piker March 24, 2014

Hi,

In my workflow, I need to to have a 'Yes' answer on from 3 users for the same status in order to transition to the next status, but if one of the 3 answers is 'No' then the transition cannot be executed.

how can this be done? the condition is - 3 yes answers to move forward, in all other cases - back to another revision.

how can I reflect this?

Thanks

Gilad

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2014

You can create subtasks for the approvals, with just two statuses - Open and Approved, and then add a subtask blocking condition on the parent task. But note that the subtasks will have to be created manually for approvals in this case.

In downloaded version, there are plugins using which these subtasks can be created automatically.

Hi Jobin,

I am aware of this option, but actually it is a Kanban workflow that is made of 4 stages of review for the same item. in the last review stage - 3 users must approve in order to complete the workflow.

is there any other way?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2014

Only other way I can think of is to model it in the workflow. Are the approvals sequential? If not, it is not going to be easy in onDemand.

The approvals can be sequencial I guess. I just need to have all three answers to continue to the next status. As you can see below - 'Review R0' is a document that should be approved by 3 users. if one of the users rejects this document, then instead of the transition to 'Review R1' it should go to the status FPA.

(this is just an illustration of course, I know it's not supposed to work like this diagram)

Suggest an answer