What is the best way to reflect a 3 way approval condition

Hi,

In my workflow, I need to to have a 'Yes' answer on from 3 users for the same status in order to transition to the next status, but if one of the 3 answers is 'No' then the transition cannot be executed.

how can this be done? the condition is - 3 yes answers to move forward, in all other cases - back to another revision.

how can I reflect this?

Thanks

Gilad

1 answer

0 vote

You can create subtasks for the approvals, with just two statuses - Open and Approved, and then add a subtask blocking condition on the parent task. But note that the subtasks will have to be created manually for approvals in this case.

In downloaded version, there are plugins using which these subtasks can be created automatically.

Hi Jobin,

I am aware of this option, but actually it is a Kanban workflow that is made of 4 stages of review for the same item. in the last review stage - 3 users must approve in order to complete the workflow.

is there any other way?

Only other way I can think of is to model it in the workflow. Are the approvals sequential? If not, it is not going to be easy in onDemand.

The approvals can be sequencial I guess. I just need to have all three answers to continue to the next status. As you can see below - 'Review R0' is a document that should be approved by 3 users. if one of the users rejects this document, then instead of the transition to 'Review R1' it should go to the status FPA.

(this is just an illustration of course, I know it's not supposed to work like this diagram)

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 21, 2018 in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

1,007 views 7 17
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you