What is the best way to capture User stories and the corresponding acceptance criteria

aarondsouza September 12, 2012

I just started using the GreenHopper plugin for my Agile project and am beginning to capture user stories and acceptance criteria. I wanted to know what others in the industry are doing? What are the best practices for doing this? Any tips will help.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2012

If you are using GreenHopper v5 you can use Epics, which are collection of user stories. Epics have also been added in GH 6.1 - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/GreenHopper+6.1+Release+Notes

Within a story we simply add a list of acceptance criteria in the description field. This is first added by the Product Owner, the team then go though each criteria when grooming the story, questionsing it's validity and seeing if there is anything missing.

Test should be able to build all their test cases from the acceptance criteria, if they can't, then they are not complete enough.

Suggest an answer