What is the JQL query to retrieve the XRAY tests linked to a specific issue?

Kristina Leclerc July 13, 2021

I have an epic with tests that have been linked to it.  

What is the JQL query that can retrieve all tests that are linked to the issue ?

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Turczanski - __JQL Search Extensions
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 15, 2021

@Kristina Leclerc Tests should be linked to requirements issues with standard Jira links.

You can find issues that are linked to your epic with:

issue in linkedIssues("MYEPIC-123", "is covered by")

If you only have a handful of issue keys you want to check this search should work just fine but if you have more advanced use cases you should consider using our JQL extensions. If you install

you'll be able to check the tests linked to issues that match your custom criteria. For example:

issue in linkedIssuesOfQuery("project=SP and fixversion=earliestUnreleasedVersion()", "is covered by")

to find all tests linked to the tickets in new version. You can check more in the docs.

Let me know if this helps!

0 votes
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 14, 2021

Hey Kristina,

One of these should meet your needs: https://docs.getxray.app/display/XRAY/Enhanced+querying+with+JQL

Is there anything that is missing to cover your use case?

Rawan Bardini
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2021

I thought these enhanced queries only worked for Xray Server and not for Xray Cloud. Is that still the case?

Marketplace Partner
July 14, 2021

@Rawan Bardini yes you're right. This is a link to the server/DC docs. I'll post another answer

Like Rawan Bardini likes this

Suggest an answer