What happens to plugins when I migrate Jira to Cloud?

Mattheus Silva Chaluppe July 30, 2021

What will happen to my plugins that I already purchased in the data center version?

Will they be lost?

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2021

Hello @Mattheus Silva Chaluppe 

Short answer is yes. 

Not all plugins that are supported for Jira Data Center are also supported for Jira Cloud and vice versa. Also, the plugins do not necessary offer the same functionality in both Jira Data Center and Jira Cloud.

You will have to review each of your plugins and check the Marketplace to find out if they have a version that supports Jira Cloud. Then you'll have to subscribe to the plugin for your Jira Cloud instance. And you'll want to review the documentation to double check if there are functional differences based on the hosting of Jira.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2021

Also be aware that as Cloud apps are totally different to Server apps, there may well be no direct conversion route.

Mohamed Adel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2021

Important note to be aware of is to be sure about the migration path for each plugin specially if you depend on the plugin a lot. 

Jira Migration support helper will give you this information but you need to pay attention before moving forward 

Suggest an answer